A listing of OID in-person training, tutorials and articles.
In-Person Training and Workshops
Tutorials and How-Tos
A Quick Guide to Using Audacity for Making Podcasts: This 12 page PDF takes you from download to final edit. It is designed for those who just need to get started, but aren't sure how.
- More Than You Might Care to Know About Using Audacity: A more detailed overview of the program intended for those who are experimenting on their own. This is a 25 page PDF file.
- Using GradeBook on MyUCLA: A tutorial on configuring and using the GradeBook located on MyUCLA. The length of this tutorial is 15:17.
- Classroom Equipment Tutorials: Step-by-Step video tutorials for operating the equipment located in the classrooms. Covered are: the Extron video switcher, and the use of the DVD or VHS player.
- Color Management: How to make use of software that allows synchronization of color representation across display and print devices by calibrating your monitor.
- Image Editing: This tutorial covers some basic image editing techniques in Adobe Photoshop for adjusting an image's brightness, color, and size.
- Adobe Acrobat: A TEC@OID handout of basic Acrobat Standard tasks including creating PDFs, using editing and commenting tools, adding bookmarks and links, and setting security options. (PDF format)
- PowerPoint: A TEC@OID handout of PowerPoint which covers creating a presentation, editing text, inserting images, sorting slides, applying slide designs, playing slideshows, and printing options. (PDF format)
Articles and Reviews
- Capturing Media from the Internet: An overview of five free tools that do a great job capturing media from the Internet
- Prezi: The zooming Presentation Editor: A Review of the online presentation tool Prezi
- Personal Response Systems: Introduction to PRS systems at UCLA, how the systems work, where they are available and more.
- Introduction to Podcasting: An article defining podcasting, explaining how to obtain podcasts and resources for further exploration.