Spring Quarter TA Training Workshops
The Office of Instructional Development TA Training Program is excited to announce new workshops for TAs for the Spring Quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, come join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom. All workshops will be held in Powell 186 unless otherwise noted. See the registration form below to see full workshop descriptions and reserve your spot.
- Tuesday, April 11, 4-6pm—Preparedness: The Nuts and Bolts of Lesson Planning
- Thursday, April 13, 2-4pm—Teaching Strategies: Teaching Scientific Writing
- Friday, April 14, 12-2pm—Preparedness: Classroom Management
- Monday, April 17, 12-2pm—Teaching Strategies: Teaching Scientific Writing
- Thursday, April 20, 12-2pm—Teaching Strategies: Assessment Using Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Friday, April 28, 12-2pm—Teaching Strategies: Active Learning in Labs
- Monday, May 1, 12-2pm—Teaching Strategies: Active Learning in Text-based Discussions
- Tuesday, May 2, 2-4pm—Preparedness: Classroom Management
- Wednesday, May 3, 2-4pm—Preparedness: How Students Learn
- Friday, May 5, 2-4pm—Teaching Strategies: Assessment Using Bloom’s Taxonomy
If a session you are interested in is full, or if registration is no longer available, please email Michelle Gaston at email@example.com to be put on the wait-list or to see if there have been any last minute cancellations. We want to accommodate as many people as possible!
TA Training Program Coordinator
190 Powell Library
Campus Mail Code: 156004